Monday, April 13, 2009

Second to Last Week of Work

It is crazy how fast this semester has flown by. I was just at my uncle's house last night when he asked how many more weeks I was working. I told Lewis only four more days. He said it seems like you just started and I completely agreed.

I'm very sad that my time at the Aquarium is almost over. It has been such an amazing experience for me. I worked for an agency this summer, so I enjoy seeing the different experiences between agency and corporate.

Last week, I continued working on my Meltwater assignment. I also met with the public relations team to discuss upcoming events which included Earth Day, Jazz journeys and Mother's day. The team worked on blurbs about each event that we sent out to numerous media outlets in the area for their calendar listings.

Wednesday afternoon, the Georgia Aquarium partnered with Children's Health care of Atlanta and the Falcons to host a Fishy Fun Day. Seven Falcons players and nine children from Children's Health care of Atlanta did arts and crafts at the Aquarium and went on a behind the scenes tour. It was a great experience, which the kids and players really enjoyed. I was excited because Thomas Brown was one of the players who attended. Thomas graduated from the University of Georgia last year and was in one of my speech communication classes three semesters ago. It was great to see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment