Monday, April 6, 2009

Journey with the Gentle Giants

This was a short week for me because my aunt got married in Augusta on Sunday, so I could not come to work on Monday.

Wednesday, however, was a very special day. I went on a journey with the gentle giants and got to scuba dive in our largest exhibit, Ocean Voyager, with the whale sharks. This was an amazing experience! I had not been diving in about five years, so I was pretty nervous. Once I got in the water, my nerves went away. It was crazy swimming with 4 whales sharks. The hammerheads were a little frightening! The other divers and I also had some other special guests watching our dive. CNN came to film a segment about the dive program at the Aquarium. Yes, I was on national TV in my wet suit.... The Aquarium also had a swim program for those who were not scuba certified. I strongly recommend this opportunity to everyone- its amazing!!!

I continued working on my Meltwater project as well as set up an interview for a children's TV program, K2TVNews.

No comments:

Post a Comment