Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snowed In

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog. As some of you may know, Athens, Georgia received six inches of snow on Sunday, and the storm caused most of Athens to lose Internet and cable. This was quite a surprise. I could not come to work on Monday because my car was snowed in.

In one of my previous post, I mentioned that we released two new animals in the Aquarium. I can finally tell you that these animals are great hammerheads sharks. We now have the largest collection of great hammerheads sharks anywhere in North America! Last week, we drafted a press release for the announcement and pitched it to the media.

Last week, I also helped with two media shoots. On Wednesday, we had a life shoot with CBS featuring our new yoga program. I had never participated in a life shoot before. I had to be at the aquarium at 4:30 in the morning. We had over 4 hits on CBS, and I even was even on the news- but only in the background. I also did a shoot with a guy from the ACC basketball tournament. The tournament will take place in Atlanta next month. The ACC took shots of the Aquarium, which they will use to create videos that will play on the scoreboards during the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment