Monday, March 16, 2009

Returning to Work

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I was down in Mexico enjoying the sun. Last week was Spring Break, so it was very hard to come back to work today from a great vacation.

Two weeks ago I spent most of the week updating a press release for the extension of yoga at the Georgia Aquarium. The other intern and I also created a media alert as well as found contact information for editors at numerous yoga and health magazine and/or Web sites. I missed out on pitching to these editors because I was away on spring break.

I did, however, pitch our summer camp to some family/parent magazines and Web sites. I was hoping these outlets would talk about our summer camp in their magazines or would place information on their online calendar. I'm currently following up with each outlet to see how my pitching went!!!

I should also mention that when I was flying to Mexico on Air Tran, I read the magazine provided to the passengers. The Air Tran magazine had two mentions of the Georgia Aquarium. Air Tran is having a contest with the Aquarium to see who can guess the number of fish we added to our Tropical Diver exhibit. The winner receives a free trip to Cancun provided by Air Tran. Ilya Kovalchuk and Kari Lehtonen, two Atlanta Trashers players, also mentioned the Georgia Aquarium. They said we were one of their favorite places in Atlanta. The Georgia Aquarium follows me where ever I go!! I was excited to see this great coverage for us, so I brought home a copy for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment